Procedures and Regulations
- All contests shall be governed by High School Federation Rules where applicable and/or as amended by the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference and the Central Connecticut Conference.
- Home teams are required to have non-digital scales certified prior to the start of each wrestling season.
- All conference matches will be scheduled on Wednesdays. Matched will not be scheduled during December vacation week. (A.D. Committee meeting March 14, 1991).
- All weekday matches will start with JV at 6:00pm and varsity will start 20 minutes after the last JV match.
- All teams will meet each other once within the same division. There are two crossovers.
- All Conference (Division) Selections will be based on the following criteria:
- 2 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
- Basis for selection to the all division team is the overall conference record in which the participant must have wrestling at least 50% of his matches. The participant must then be placed in this same weight class (A.D. Committee 3-20-97). Division total of 30 selections.
- The host school must notify and receive approval from scheduled conference opponents whenever a team is added to the original conference schedule. This must be done prior to the date of the contest.
- The wrestling schedule will be established by using the last available date set by the C.I.A.C. as the final division match and scheduled backwards. (A.D. Committee 3-15-90).
There shall be a specific warm up time for visiting teams. They will be on the mat for warm ups ten (10) minutes prior to the start of the match and off within five (5) minutes in order to give the home team their five minute warm up period. (A.D. Committee 3-25-93).
All-Conference selection process:
Wrestling – two athletes per weight class, two at large. Top performer at conference meet (if held) will get one of two weight class positions, others will be determined by vote coaches nominate players, discuss, vote)
Reviewed: 10/20/09 BS