Procedures and Regulations
- All contests shall be governed by High School Federation Rules where applicable and/or as amended by the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference and the Central Connecticut Conference.
- Six (6) participants per event for each school – top four (4) counts for team score.
- School facilities shall be available one half hour before meet time.
- Equipment for warm up given priority to visiting team.
- Order of events shall be Vaulting, Uneven Bars, Beam, and Floor Exercise.
- A minimum of one rated official shall be used for all conference meets.
- Floor exercise mat shall be 40’ x 40’.
- A padded balance beam shall be used for competition.
- Uneven parallels shall have a minimum of fiberglass rails and any new technology approved by the National Association.
- Starting time on school evenings will be no later than 6:30pm. Starting times on Friday and Saturday will be no later than 7:00pm.
- The host school must notify and receive approval from scheduled conference opponents whenever a team is added to the original conference schedule. This must be done prior to the date of the contest.
- The top five (5) scores from the entire season will count towards the all-conference selections for a total of 24 selections.
All-Conference selection process:
Gymnastics – all conference selections will be based on the top five (5) scores from the entire season. Approved 3/29/2012
Reviewed: 10/21/09 BS
Revised: 3/29/12 BS